Thursday, June 5, 2014

Bringing My Peace to NET TV & Washington's CIC


It has been a busy spring! On May 16, I graduated the Pontifical Faculty of the Immaculate Conception at the Dominican House of Studies, receiving a pontifical licentiate in sacred theology (STL), magna cum laude, praise God. The STL is given under the authority of the Holy See and qualifies me to teach on the seminary level. If you are among those who have been supporting my studies with prayers, please know that I am deeply grateful.

More prayers will be needed this fall, as I begin the last leg of my studies toward a sacred-theology doctorate. All the major coursework is over—now the main task is completing the dissertation, which I have already begun. To that end, I am delighted to be entering the doctoral program at the University of St. Mary of the Lake in Mundelein, Illinois, where the rector is Fr. Robert Barron of Word on Fire. My dissertation director is the prolific author and magnificent Thomist Dr. Matthew Levering.

Although my summer is mostly taken up with preparing for my move from Washington to Mundelein, I do have two personal appearances coming up in which I will share the message of my book of Catholic spirituality for adult victims of Catholic sexual abuse, My Peace I Give You: Healing Sexual Wounds with the Help of the Saints:

June 22: I will be the guest of Fr. Robert Keighron, discussing My Peace I Give You on the WOR Radio/NET TV program "In the Arena." 
  • The television version airs at 8 p.m. ET on the Diocese of Brooklyn's NET TV (in Brooklyn TimeWarner Ch. 97 and Cablevision Ch. 30) and will additionally be streamed online.
July 31:  On this, the feast of St. Ignatius Loyola, I will speak at Washington, D.C.'s Catholic Information Center on "Healing the Memory: What St. Ignatius Loyola and Pope Francis Can Teach Us." The talk is at 6 p.m.; see the CIC's website for more information.

* * *

If you are interested in hosting me for a talk about healing sexual wounds with the help of the saints, or would just like to hear the message I share, here is a link to download a recording of the talk I gave October 20 at Jesus the Divine Word Parish in my home Archdiocese of Washington: "What the Saints Can Teach Us About Purification of Memory." Contact me through the e-mail address listed at the bottom of my home page, dawneden.com. I am particularly interested in continuing my apostolate to inmates, persons who have been prostituted or trafficked, and persons in recovery, and would also like to speak to Native Americans and other underserved populations.

* * *

If you have benefited from my writing or speaking, please consider making a donation so that I may continue to spread the message of healing sexual wounds with the help of the saints.